Work Health and Safety
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT – Essential Guide to WHS for Volunteers (PDF)Download
Workstation Ergonomics Self-Assessment FormDownload
Contractors Fact Sheet and ChecklistsDownload
Protecting the Hearing of Church Workers, Volunteers and AudiencesDownload
A Safety Guide to LaddersDownload
Everyone has a right to be safe at work, including those who volunteer for the Adventist organisation.
Work Health and Safety laws require organisations that employ any paid workers to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the physical and mental health and safety of all of its workers, including volunteers.
If you notice a health and safety matter that needs fixing please raise it with your manager, supervisor or volunteer leader/coordinator to find an effective solution. You are also welcome to speak with us in RMS.
At RMS we work with all levels of the Seventh-day Adventist Church from local church congregations right through to our large institutions. Our work is consultative – raising safety awareness and supporting church organisations with the development of their safety systems.
Volunteer worker management:
- The Adventist Church organisation has a responsibility to provide a safe workplace for volunteers.
- As an organisation we are dependent on the valuable work of volunteers, it is right to ensure volunteers feel safe and not subjected to bullying, harassment or intimidation.
- We are obligated to ensure volunteers are not exposed to any unsafe work practices.
- Adventist organisations should understand its duty of care requirements so that its volunteers, the organisation and the people that the organisation interacts with are protected.
- Volunteers should be trained in and aware of their responsibilities as a volunteer. Adventist organisations can document reasonable expectations of volunteer responsibilities and behaviour, including safe, appropriate conduct while participating in volunteer work.
The resources on this page may be of assistance to you, in particular, we recommend that your Adventist site schedules, conducts and documents regular safety audits.
If your Seventh-day Adventist Church organisation needs help with safety then please contact us on +61 2 9847 3371.